Who We Are
We are a private non-profit organization which provides services and advocacy to people with developmental disabilities and their families. We provide information, support and networking to people with disabilities and their families through a monthly newsletter, one-on-one contacts, group presentations and a variety of programs.
The Mission of the Arc of Buffalo County is to help children and adults with developmental disabilities secure the opportunity to choose and realize their goals of where and how they want to live, learn, work, and play.
We’ve currently suspended some in-person activities due to COVID-19 precautions. However, we do have some events; such as Buddy Bowling, Children’s Respite, Parent & Guardian Support group, as well as other others being offered. If you’d like information on how to join in these activities please call the office at 308-237-4343 or email email@example.com. Be sure to sign up to receive our newsletter below and you’ll get upcoming events emailed or mailed directly to you.
Our typical schedule of activities include events like:
- Girls Night Out – a special outing event with just the gals
- Guys Night Out – a special outing event with just the guys
- Classes such as – crafting, painting, cooking, line dancing, and ASL
- Swim Club & Fishing Club in the summer months
- DAYcation trips
- Dances, Picnics, and other outings
- Adaptive Easter Egg Hunt
- Buddy Bowling – an 8-week session in Fall & Spring
- Individualized recreation and respite for all ages
- Respite for our member families at the Kearney Area Children’s Museum every 1st Thursday, 6-8pm
- Parent Group meetings 3rd Monday 6:30 pm monthly -open to any interested parent
For additional information about any of these programs or activities please call the Arc office at 308-237-4343.
Become a Member of the Arc of Buffalo County
Members provide a louder and stronger cohort of voices heard by local and state legislators and national policymakers that impact the lives of people with disabilities.
As a member, you support innovative programs and services that we provide to our members.
As a member, you have a positive impact on the quality of life for people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities and their families.